A Real Poker Post?
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Nah, not really.
I did play for about an hour last night. I dipped my toe in the $1/$2 Limit waters on Full Tilt for a while last night, initially running my $50 buy-in up over $100 and then back down to around $30 and finally settling for stopping at $54. That's right bitches, I made $4 an hour. A few more nights like this and I'll have to get another day job just to be able to afford to keep playing online.
Oh well. it was kinda nice, but nothing that is driving me crazy every night. Hunting season opens this Monday here in Oklahoma and I have lots of other things on my mind and occupying my time, so poker is probably a distant third or fourth at this point.
I'm still around and I might even play a blogger tourney one of these nights. Crazier things have happened, you know?
Until next time, I fold.
posted by GaryC @ 3:00 PM, ,
Monday, August 04, 2008
What do you do when the "want-to" is going away?
Me, I usually just move on to something else that has my attention at the moment. I'm usually occupied with more than one thing at any given moment, but there have been several things that have kept my attention for longer than brief periods in my life. Poker was one of those things. Blogging was another one of those things.
Nowadays? Eh, not so much.
I'm not sure what the culprit is now but I'm seriously bored. Bored of playing poker and bored of trying to write down something that maybe somebody will deem meaningful. I still take the time out of almost every day at work to write something, it just hasn't translated well when I got home to post it of late and for that, I'm sorry.
For one thing, I'm not playing all that much poker lately. That almost certainly has an impact on this humble little "poker" blog, you know? During Okie-Vegas, I played more than I had in weeks, but shortly thereafter, I've gone right back to playing for a little while at night and then taking the inevitable bad beat and logging right off to do something of more importance to me. Right now, that's just about anything else that I feel like doing at the time, because investing a couple of hours to win $20 is not at the top of my priority list right now.
I've still played in a few of the blogger events in the last couple of weeks, including a final table at a Mook a few weeks back and a 2nd in the Riverchasers event last Thursday. It was just a two table SNG, but still nice to make a little run. Unfortunately, it really didn't do much for restoring any momentum in the rest of my game or my attitude. Poor, on both counts. I plead guilty.
I'm not sure where we're going to be heading here at Low Limit Grinder in the upcoming months. I'm almost certainly going to miss the Bash in September and probably Vegas in December as well. With the Google fiasco going on and my lack of zeal at the tables, making one of those trips looks completely unattainable at this point. Not that I don't want to go, you understand, but with other things taking the front burners on my stove, I'll probably be sitting out this year.
Hunting season opens in less than a month here in Oklahoma and all of my resources and focus has pretty much been on that of late. I would imagine that all of those resources and focus will remain on that until well after the first of the year, as well, as it has become more important to me than most other things.
I'll probably still be showing up on occasion at the Mookie and some of the other tournaments, as well as trying on a regular basis to come up with something of note to post here, but I'd bet that hunting stories will be more prevelant here as opposed to the bad beats and hand histories. That will make better reading anyway, in my opinion.
Pauly's tourney is tomorrow, be there or be square:
Here are the specific details...
1. Tao of Poker birthday tournament is open to all readers.
2. No chops whatsoever for the Borgata Package ($5,000 seat + two nights).
3. The 5K seat is a must play.... meaning you cannot take the cash. You have to play the event on September 12th.
4. Package does not include transportation. You have to find your own way to Atlantic City. So if you live in Sweden and win the seat, you are responsible for airfare.
5. Most importantly... have fun.
Also, mentioning Pauly, he's back with another issue of Truckin'. Stop by and waste an hour or two.
Truckin' - August 2008, Vol. 7, Issue 8
Welcome back to another summer issue of Truckin'.
1. Even More Existentialist Conversations with Strippers by Paul McGuire On the third day of Prozac? That pretty much summed up my visit to the afternoon shift. The stripper was drunk, sedated on happy pills, sloppy, and slurring her speech like Albert Finney at happy hour... More
2. Explaining Amphetamines With Words by Sean A. Lovelace See the thing is an injection is a lot like a bullet from a gun, or words of anger, or like kisses—you can't get it back. And that Valium was working, working its way through his body, his veins, slowing things down, slowing, his pulse, his already pretty-fucking-slow pulse, and then he was, he was, well, he was dead... More
3. Black Hole Sun By Betty Underground I couldn't get her face out of my head. Blank and full of jealousy. Not directed at me, but me as part of the female species. As a representative of the sex that threatened her the most... More
4. Separate From Things We Didn't Want A Part Of by Philip D. Brown My friend fell asleep but the girl didn't and though it was dark I could see her watching me. She didn't look capable of sleep or even rest so I told her that I could help. She told me that needles were out of the question because they were an invasion she wasn't willing to accept... More
5. Capistrano By Brad Willis If the doctor says I'm living, he obviously is lying or seriously misguided. If he tells me I'm living, I'm going to laugh and tell him he better get busy dying for me, because somebody fucking has to... More
Until next time, I fold.
posted by GaryC @ 3:57 PM, ,